Who we are
PlanMill offers the chance to be a part of a small but powerful team developing a well established but constantly evolving business application suite. Our customers include many globally successful companies who we have helped to grow where they are today. We service thousands of their users on daily basis.
We promote creativity, ownership and close teamwork in our development and strive to create a relaxed environment to focus on your work. This includes flexible working hours and possibility for occasional remote work. And there should always be room for fun and down time.
We are looking for an experienced back-end/full-stack developer to join our product team in Helsinki to develop an existing business application and to continue to scale it with our growing customer base.
To qualify, you should have a solid background in software development in positions where you’ve taken initiative and made architectural design decisions.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of our platform
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for high availability, maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Excellent Java programming skills (minimum 5 years professional experience)
- Developing web applications with SQL, REST APIs, XML/JSON, etc.
- Authentication and authorization standards (oAuth2, SAML2)
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Good communication skills in English. (Finnish is considered a plus.)
Nice to have
- Advanced SQL scripting skills
- Experience in scaling a growing application
- Spring framework, Hibernate
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply by March 6, 2018.
If you have questions about PlanMill Ltd. and/or the position – please contact Thomas Hood, CEO & Partner, +358 40 558 5138, email@example.com or Gavin van Dok, Team Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org.